January 26, 2012

Back to Black

This dresser needed a face lift, it lived its whole life with one family being passed around to all the kids.  I had to sand a lot of phone numbers off of it (apparently they didn't have paper in the house)  I wanted it to have a more primitive look.   Black is classy and nice but with everything I do I had to make it interesting so I added a little detail. 
 I forgot to take an all-put-together picture so this is as good as we get~

Before


After









Linking to:

Tickled Pink at 504 Main



The 36th Avenue

Furniture Feature Fridays
The Shabby Nest




Redoux

4 comments:

  1. Don't let that family see the dresser now, they'll want it back! It looks great.

    ~Bliss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is amazing that this piece has been such a workhorse and you gave it such a cool and chic new look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a transformation! You did good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did a great job!

    Featuring you tomorrow during Sticker Time!

    ReplyDelete