January 13, 2012

Up- cycled Drawer Shelf

I had found all these old drawers at the recycle center last summer and I thought they had potential. 

So I decided to paint them all different colors and try to sell them.  I thought someone could use them as storage or just a neat decor idea.

Well no one wanted them and they sat and sat,  then my husband of all people suggested I stack them up to make a shelf!   Here it is an up-cycled drawer shelf I thought would work great for all the kids dvd's.


(oops my dog feels the need to stand right in front of whatever I'm taking pictures of)



Linking to:

Redoux
Tickled Pink at 504 Main
Furniture Feature Fridays
The Shabby Nest

Funky Junk's Saturday Nite Special

14 comments:

  1. This is awesome! So clever of you. I'd love it if you shared it at Projectqueen.org

    http://projectqueen.org/welcome-to-link-party-16-turning-the-daunting-into-the-do-able

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, forgot to add that I love your frenchy subway sign too. That's alot of work, but looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, Fantastic creativity displayed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute, I LOVE it!! One of those, "why didn't I think of that" moments!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is soooo cute! What if you put little wheels on the bottom? Love that your hubby had a great suggestion, too!
    Sindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Emily, I featured your shelves tonight at Project Queen's Highlight Party. Thank you so much for linking up. Hope you come back again this week.

    mandy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love, love, love this idea. I always see broken dressers put outside on trash day. What a great way to use the drawers. Do you have a tutorial on how you put it together?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love, love, love this idea. I always see broken dressers put outside on trash day. What a great way to use the drawers. Do you have a tutorial on how you put it together?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Emily, this is such a creative and fabulous project! Way to GO!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Emily, I love this so much I am featuring it tomorrow, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad I found this!!! I have a bunch of old drawers from a dresser I had to trash and wasn't sure what to do with them but I knew there was SOME good way to use them - just had to find it! I'm pinning this AND please link up your awesomeness every Tuesday for Trash 2 Treasure Tuesdays on Kammy's Korner!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I found this on your link up at Redoux and OMG I LOVE these sooooo much. I have huge plans to make these they are perfectly cute, fun, unique. I love love love LOVE them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. wondering how you got the bottom level, because the drawer front creates a lip which makes it tilt. Did you saw off the edge of the drawer front to be even with the edge of the drawer?

    ReplyDelete