I bought these chairs about 5 months ago and boy oh boy were they need of some help. Full of ambition I started ripping of the old fabric, foam, stables and that is where my ambition died.
What a mess the previous owner had done a horrible upholstery job to hid the ugly rust colored crushed velvet with even uglier white silk fabric. She had glued and stabled right on top of the wood frame and tufting and everything.
I literally removed about 9000 staples not kidding I had blisters from my pliers. Once I removed everything from the frame I then painted the the two matching chairs cathedral grey by Behr and the oval chair stonewashed by Behr then sanded and antiqued them both.
After all the hard work prepping them to be upholstered I was not prepared for all the blood sweat and tears that goes into upholstery. (not kidding I gave new meaning to the term "having you stomach stapled")It's a little more tedious than I was expecting furniture is more my speed-wham bam done.
Well here they are the reveal
Burlap on the back