July 24, 2012

paint won't fix everything

Sometimes you get that piece of furniture that not even sanding or painting can cover the flaws.  This end table I thought was a score at only $3 but the top had some water damage.  The mdf had bubbled and raised so I figured- no problem I'll just sand it down paint and it will be good to go!  Well NO it had other plans the paint could not hide all its flaws so decoupage to the rescue.
Before

After






 Painted hardware


 I used a lighter to burn the edges of my paper to create the aged look



linking to:

vif187Furniture Feature Fridays

4 comments:

  1. Emily. You are truly creative and inspired. I would have thrown a doily on there and hoped no one ever moved it. Good on ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really adorable....quite the transformation!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like the chosen color and the old hardware looks amazingly charming in its new setting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. adorable, what a great save!! thanks for linking up to the party!

    ReplyDelete