October 23, 2013

What to do with damaged old dresser???

Answer is just go with it and distress it even more!




 Technique details:  First step is to paint each drawer and base of dresser a solid color or colors of your choice.  Second I put a coat of crackle glaze (can be found at Lowes) on the whole thing then let dry for about an hour. Third I put a thin coat of watered down white paint (whitewashing) over the entire dresser. Fourth when it is all completely dry I sanded and distressed it.  Lastly it gets waxed and buffed.





Linking to:

Furniture Feature Fridays

2 comments:

  1. Love the dresser, so shabby gorgeous. Do you have a before shot?
    http://gardenhouseliving.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow...I love it!!! I will defiantly have to do one like this!!
    Thanks for the inspiration!
    Denise

    ReplyDelete