July 28, 2012

Give the people what they want

                                                       (My beautiful honeysuckle)


I really like how these chairs turned out and believe me they were NOT pretty before.  




I have an aversion to painting things white even though I know that's what sells here.  I just can't do it I need color and variety in my life.  I really enjoy painting furniture and getting to be free to create what I want and if I did black and white furniture all day would not be happy.  Every once in a while I'll go there though like these chairs I knew they needed to be rustic white and burlap and they turned out just as I'd imagined them.
After







Linking to:

Photobucketshabby creek cottage

9 comments:

  1. They came out great... Good call! - Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you!! I so want to use the awesome fuchsia I recently picked up, but instead I knock myself about the head and force myself towards the white. These chairs look great - they really do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am wondering if there is a possibility that a large group of color loving bloggers could change the over arching white trend?? If everyone started to use color, imagine.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Emily these are so clever! I love how they are upholstered on the upper part. Yep, it is the same everywhere, White, Black and Grey sell the best. I cut loose with color too, or I just wouldn't be me! I pinned this as well ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Came over from Primp. Glad to find some color-loving people. I am a lover of color. I do paint white furniture and other pieces for my booth, but I always drop a hint of color into the paint so it is not pure white. I am known to just paint the color I want and stick it in there. I wanted red and turquoise in there and I have it - some pieces have sold, but I know I will, in the end, repaint them black or white! Have to move to a new building and need to repaint my old booth. I just chose lemon-lime! So there!

    Distressed Donna Down Home

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great-looking chairs, but I'm with you. I like a variety of colors. There is a time and place for white, though, and those chairs are perfect. I'm following your blog and your FB page (as Once Upon a Firefly.)

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE THEM! And even though they're white - I'd say white was the perfect choice! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love these chairs so much, featuring tomorrow afternoon when the party starts. Thanks for linking up Emily!

    ReplyDelete
  9. found you at Redoux. these look amazing. i love the combo of white and burlap. clever thinking!
    cheers Fiona

    ReplyDelete